Do you have a morning routine or are your mornings (and the rest of the day) determined by how you feel when you wake up? Creating a consistent morning routine helps to set your attitude and the atmosphere for the rest of the day. It enables you to control your day, instead of it controlling you. There is no ideal morning routine except the habits that enable you to be at your best for the rest of the day. Customize your morning routine to your own taste so it empowers you to manage the day with the right mindset. Consistent routines have been proven to elevate your performance at work and in life. It gives your brain and your body a boost, equipping you to focus on what is ahead while reinforcing healthy habits each day. Here are some ideas to incorporate into your morning routine:
1. 🏃🏾♀️ Go for a brisk walk, run or hit the gym.
2. 📖 Read a book, listen to a podcast or watch a video that cultivates your personal development.
3. 🍳 Eat a healthy breakfast to boost your energy and your mind.
4. 📒 Review your goals for the day so you're clear on what needs to be accomplished. *Reviewing your "To-Do" list or daily goals the night before helps to strengthen your efforts.
5. 🙏🏾 Devotional time in the morning amplifies your internal peace and renews your faith so you're unshakable when facing daily challenges.
It may take a couple of weeks of trial and error to find a morning routine that supports your strengths and goals. Creating the kind of morning that elevates the rest of your day is certainly worth every effort.
Alice is an Educator, Coach, Speaker and Author. She loves teaching women how to create peaceful lives through purpose & productivity.